[lbo-talk] a shred of hope

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Apr 16 11:24:17 PDT 2003

Nathan Newman wrote:
>So Bush is nowhere near secure. In fact, he's toast if this is the best he
>can do with fullout military rah-rah behind him right now.

-But thankfully he's got a bunch of wimpy Dems to bail him out!

Silly story quoted, since it ignores the Dems killing ANWR drilling, filibustering Estrada, and slashing Bush's tax cut in the budget vote.

To note my perennial-- where's the Bankuptcy Law? Dems spent their year and half of Senate control blocking every major piece of Bush legislation and most of his judicial appointments. And even in opposition, they are recruiting enough moderate Republicans to block a lot of his legislative agenda.

Bush's labor department is trying to drop insanely burdensome "reporting requirements" on unions, and already Dems and labor have recruited 28 GOP folks in the House against the Bush position.

You are so fixated on the war (which again two-thirds of House Dems voted against authorization) that you ignore the full-scale Dem opposition to Bush's domestic agenda.

-- Nathan Newman