[lbo-talk] Cuba petition

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Apr 16 08:34:39 PDT 2003

>Michael Pollak wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Doug Henwood wrote:
>>
>>> A Walzer moment is when one is overcome by the inability to recognize
>>> American imperialism, and so one focuses on external and far less
>>> murderous regimes to avoid the stressful confrontation?
>>
>>To be fair, fwiw, Walzer was against the war on Iraq.
>
>Why be fair to Walzer? He's a creep and a thug.
>
>Doug

(a) He's really smart.

(b) He wants a Palestinian state--rather than the expulsion of Palestinians from the West Bank, or a continuation of the current colonization-of-the-west-bank plan.

I'm not one to say no enemies on the left. But relative to the status quo, Walzer is definitely a friend...

Brad DeLong