[lbo-talk] Lee Greenwood: more dangerous than crack?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 16 13:02:33 PDT 2003

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> I've always been struck by this song, the key
> line of which is "at least . . ." The self-
> pity or bathos or something is so thick and
> pathetic. Like some other country songs. It's
> like we lost the house, my woman left me, and
> my dog died all over again.

(We've boxed the compass on this before, but I don't remember what kind of a consensus if any was reached.) As much as I liked _The Bicycle Thief_ I've always been nagged by the feeling that the ending with father & son reconciled and walking off into the sunset together (still without a job or a bicycle) was like what Max describes here.

Carrol