[lbo-talk] Nicknamania

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Wed Apr 16 21:42:05 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:20:06 +0000

loupaulsen at attbi.com wrote:

> Today, however, we get this:
>
> _ U.S. special forces raided the Baghdad home of
> microbiologist Rihab Taha,
> nicknamed "Dr. Germ," who ran Iraq's secret biological
> laboratory. Troops
> brought out boxes of documents and three men with their
> hands raised. Taha's
> whereabouts weren't immediately known.

I remember watching CNN (ugh!) and the talking head was showing footage of Saddam in a meeting with his top officials, where one of those in the meeting happened to be a woman.

Well the talking head was going nuts saying that this was "Dr. Germ" and asked the reporter what this could signify.

The baffled reporter says something to the effect of "Uh, that's NOT Dr. Germ" --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]