[lbo-talk] a shred of hope

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 11:18:55 PDT 2003

Is there any popular support in CA for a referendum repealing or modifying Prop 13, which I understand is a cause of the state's fiscal problems? Somebody who's not a Dem could do it to provide political cover.

I have one relative in California, who's a Republican, and he's in favor of it! So there's a start!:)

Marta wrote:

Maybe but it took him a long time to get on it. The Dems are poised to make some of the most draconian cuts ever seen in this state. They are going to do that rather than tax business and tax the rich. Marta