[lbo-talk] a shred of hope

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Apr 17 11:40:01 PDT 2003

>Nathan
>
>Damn it-- if people are just going to flat out lie about the political
>situation to further their ideological monomania, why bother with the
>debate.

Now that you saw the post from UCP you see where I am coming from - I had not seen that Davis had switched his tune. Haven't read the papers in the last week due to lots of other stuff going on. Still ------ This move from Davis to impose taxes is late in the game. He has held out from doing so for months of budget debates where he proposed cuts to MediCal, and other vital services in this state. That too can be found in the LA times.

Nathan, he did not do it because he wanted to == he has come around to this only because we have made him look so bad. So there is really no reason to give him any credit. John Burton and few of the liberals in Sacramento have been holding out but Davis was ready with the ax from the beginning. Burton has had to challenge Davis. He is one of those centrist Dems that have killed the party.

Marta

-- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org