[lbo-talk] a shred of hope

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 13:29:14 PDT 2003

because even if the feds sent help NYC and CA likely would still vote democrat in 04

Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> wrote:I am not aware of any movement on the Prop 13 front. Even with Prop 13 we had money to expand Medicaid and education. This deficit was in large measure caused by the collapse of the dotcom industry which caused a huge loss of state revenue. The federal government has refused to help bail out the states. New York City is in a crisis similar to California's. Why isn't there more pressure on the feds to do something? If they can give Bush $80 billion for the attack on Iraq well ........what about us?

Marta