[lbo-talk] Polls about "Iraq" and "Terrorism" Re: how's it feel?

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Apr 17 14:21:16 PDT 2003

>>Slavoj argues, in the interview I'll be broadcasting later today,
>>that the "reasoning" is this: AQ hates America, SH hates America,
>>so they're all the same and must be destroyed.
>
>I don't think that's true. Neither AQ nor SH has been confirmed to
>have died, nor have they been captured by the USG, in short, they
>have not been "destroyed," but Americans don't seem to care.
>--
>Yoshie

Andrew Card said in the LA Times that he thought Saddam was dead. They thought Osama was dead, didn't they? It did not matter to the leaders anyhow or perhaps a deal was cut with Osama to spare his life given his ties to Carlyle. Will we ever know?

The leaders of the sheep have moved on to the Syria question just like they moved on from Osama to Saddam. The sheep will likely follow whatever comes of it.

Marta --