[lbo-talk] Civilian casualties in 1991

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 17 19:26:05 PDT 2003

Michael, thanks for the link.

We'll have to see what the long term effects of the bombing of Iraqi cities and towns in 2003 are. However, my two main points speak for themselves: the Coalition bombed for 39 days straight, before the ground war started in 1991 and, as Fidler says, only 7% of the munitions used were "precision[sic] weapons".

Maybe, as some have said, there was simply little left to bomb in 2003. But I do think activists and the media have succeeded in bringing some of the war crimes from '91 to the attention of the public. Perhaps some would disagree?

regards,

Grant.