[lbo-talk] latest Tatu outrage

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Apr 18 04:49:34 PDT 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - April 18, 2003

Tasteless lure

EVEN by European standards, Russian pop duo Tatu's latest p.r. stunt is disturbing. The 18 year olds - who've gotten lots of attention for portraying themselves as lesbians - are calling for girls as young as 14 to join them in a massive nude photo shoot for a new album cover. "We are looking for the most beautiful, coolest, cleverest and youngest girls," a Tatu rep told the London Sun. The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children branded it an "irresponsible publicity stunt." The band's rep told the paper, "We strongly urge young girls not to send naked photographs of themselves."