[lbo-talk] Iraq's Price Controls

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 18 05:56:25 PDT 2003

At 9:45 PM -0700 4/17/03, Ian Murray wrote:
> > In addition to promotion of women's rights and protection of
>> priceless cultural treasures, here's another achievement of the Iraqi
>> state that no leftist ever bothered to mention in any article, flyer,
>> leaflet, or speech: price controls. Iraq's price controls will be
> > soon up in smoke, like its libraries....
>
>Of course you've read every article and flyer and heard every speech
>so you should know. Come to think of it, why didn't you think of it?

I knew little to nothing about Iraq; after some research, my knowledge has advanced from 0.001 to 0.002 on the scale of 100, with 60 as the passing grade. The same must go for nearly all leftists in cyberspace. When I sent out a query about the Ba'ath Party, etc., the only leftist who sent me concrete information that is not available in the mainstream press and left-wing outputs was Michael Hoover, which I posted here and to marxmail: <http://squawk.ca/lbo-talk/0304/1433.html>.

Since neither the mainstream press nor leftists have told ordinary Americans anything in Iraq that is worth defending, it is no wonder that they know nothing about it either. -- Yoshie