[lbo-talk] how's it feel?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 18 07:29:24 PDT 2003

It makes me want to move to Europe. The right wing assholes have such a grip on the US the nation seems doomed to continue the militarism ad nauseum. It seems that the rest of my life is going to be consumed with trying to preserve what *little* we have left and talking to simpletons in the grocery line. I'm tired already. marta

^^^^^^

CB: Ditto. I think I will stay in this little African enclave in Detroit,though.

I wholeheartedly agree - althought I do not think people you are talking about do it out of ideological loyalty - they are too lazy and stupid to develop any ideology, they are just jumping on the bandwagon and parroting what is being spoon fed to them. H.L. Mencken was right on target when he coinde the term Boobus Americanus.

I also think of moving back to Europe. I still have my Polish citizenship - although Poland is a provincial backwater where I do not think I would last very long, its value lies in its planned EU accession in 2004.

Wojtek