[lbo-talk] Fitful warmongering at The Nation

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:30:48 PDT 2003

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>[Letters to the Editor, New York Times]
>>
>>Opposing This War, but Not All Wars
>
>How is that warmongering? Is every nonpacifist a warmonger?
>
>Doug

Suffice it to say Katrina vanden Heuvel is a warmonger, as in: "We supported, for example, the use of qualified military force in Afghanistan in response to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11." I believe the USA's use of "qualified" (how cute can you get?) military force in Afghanistan was an unjustified act of war and was not self-defense.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus