[lbo-talk] Re: Right Wing Antiwar Sites

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Apr 19 16:48:10 PDT 2003

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Shane Taylor wrote:

> Buchanan is the star of the paleocons, and American Conservative is his
> baby.

Him and Taki Theodoracopulos, who's bankrolling it.

> There can be common cause with libertarian opponents of the Patriot
> Acts, but not with the close-the-boarders crowd.

At their inaugural press conference, one of the reporters asked Buchanan how, given his views, he could justify setting up shop with an immigrant like Taki. Buchanan answered "Well, I don't think he crawled in across the Rio Grande." The reporters looked at Taki who said "Actually I came over on my yacht."

Taki is so far on the right that Guiliani once tried to get him deported after he published outrageously racist comments about New York's Puerto Rican Day parade. The only thing that stopped it was that it turns out Taki's an American, which surprised everyone in Britain too.

Michael