[lbo-talk] 'Jon Stewart's Perfect Pitch'

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Apr 20 14:00:03 PDT 2003

> aren't you overstating your case just a tad, here? stewart
> strikes me as more akin to the smothers brothers than
> johnny carson . . .

I can see that. And like Tommy Smothers, who was (and I suppose remains) pretty left-wing, Stewart is not spooked by lefty takes. Also remember that the Smothers' had on staff writers like Rob Reiner, Steve Martin, Carl Gottlieb and Mason Williams, who attacked CBS's corporate interference on-air, which of course shortened the life of the show.

DP