[lbo-talk] 'Jon Stewart's Perfect Pitch'

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sun Apr 20 14:36:40 PDT 2003

I've started watching Mahr's show, and I think it's pretty good. He insists on balancing the panel, but he and whoever the leftie is do a pretty good job balancing the others. Michael Dyson is strong; in the last one I saw, he pretty well flustered Annthrax. Dennis Miller was reduced to tossing out his one liners rather than arguing, and reduced himself to complimenting Dyson for being well-spoken.

Stewart is better, and so was (is?) Chris Rock. By contrast, SNL has become embarrassing.

mbs

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

>aren't you overstating your case just a tad, here? stewart
>strikes me as more akin to the smothers brothers than
>johnny carson . . . personally, i think stewart is cooler
>than rich makes him sound in this column, but maybe i'm a
>liberal wuss.

I think he's really funny, and the show is like the most critical thing on TV. I'm wondering who Carl thinks is funny, if anyone.