[lbo-talk] 'Jon Stewart's Perfect Pitch'

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 20 15:50:19 PDT 2003

>I think he's really funny, and the show is like the most critical
>thing on TV. I'm wondering who Carl thinks is funny, if anyone.
>
>Doug

In terms of talk shows, indeed no one. The whole talk show sector is just another tract of Newton Minow's -- or was it Nicholas von Hoffman's? :) -- vast wasteland these days. I will grant you that some are wastier than others -- with Jimmy Kimmel, of course, being the gold standard of dreck. For keen-eyed social commentary plus yuks, give me a cartoon any day -- my favorites being King of the Hill and the (very uneven) South Park.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail