[lbo-talk] Re: neocon economists

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sun Apr 20 17:29:37 PDT 2003

I don't like to get too picky about who is or isn't an economist. He's not versed in the academic lit, as far as I can see, but neither are some lefties I know who call themselves economists (no names, sorry). He's broadly consistent with the extreme free trade/zero capital taxers, finance market types, though his gold fixation is a fringe position not not held by right-wingers. Roughly libertarian, I would say.

mbs

``..So the neo-con label generally doesn't fit the way any economists do economics...'' Max Sawicky

---------

Where does somebody like Jude Wannisky fit in this geneology of the dismal? Not a real economist?

Chuck Grimes