[lbo-talk] re: neocon economists

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sun Apr 20 23:04:28 PDT 2003

>Well the connection is that sooner or later after the imperial war
>fires dim these same elitist policy jerks are going to turn their
>attention back to the economic domestic front and start bombing the
>social welfare rubble.

There is already a cluster of bombs in the budget. Mostly the target is poor people's programs, not Medicare. Its cuts to Medicaid, SSI, food stamps, Veterans services, to name the ones that come to mind. That is how it always starts -- don't hit the AARP until the poor are reamed. Last I checked the congress passed a resolution to dump the $94 billion cut to Medicaid BUT it looks like the deal was to block grant Medicaid (much like Gingrich tried to do) which will have the same effect because Medicaid would be capped. Marta