[lbo-talk] Re: neocon economists

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Apr 21 23:18:43 PDT 2003

``..This (along with the rest of what you say) involves implicit (and, I would say, mistaken) ontological premises. What if "being" is such that values are involved in human action in a way that makes it possible for such action to be based on mistaken beliefs about values? Understanding human action then requires that you understand this feature of it. This is the premise implicitly underpinning Goethe's Faust; it explains why Faust doesn't say "stay" to any of the "moments"...'' Ted Winslow

---------

You mis-understand. I was making a critique of the position, not advocating it. The quote was not me, it was Milton Friedman.

``Just noticed that I've confused Chuck with Friedman. Apologies for that.'' Ted

That's quite alright, since the above just adds some more dimensions to the general criticism.

Chuck Grimes