[lbo-talk] Re: Lbo-talk digest, Vol 1 #233 - 14 msgs

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:38:30 PDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:05:08 -0400 Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> spat

<snip>

> - How come that the nation of fat and lazy morons, plagued with

> monumental inefficiencies and waste, and producing very little tangible

> goods still wields power and enjoys one of the highest standards of

> living on earth? The greenbacks for goodies exchange hypothesis

> explains that fairly well - the world makes it, the Yank takes it -- and

> feeds it to his fat, stupid, flag waving pigs.

<snip>

You have long been a prejudiced ranter. I think you just passed over into troll territory. I've opposed every war the U.S. has fought in my 43 year lifetime. (Yes I was involved in anti-vietnam-war activities at the age of eight.) But you provoke a strange atavistic urge to wave a flag in each hand while shouting at you "America, love it or leave it!".