[lbo-talk] GOP's Santorum says homosexuality a threat

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Wed Apr 23 14:03:34 PDT 2003

> If cretins like this can get elected, it looks like you've got the leaders
> you deserve.
>
> PC

That would be a fair statement, IF you subscribe to the belief, promoted by the Voice of America, that the US electoral system produces a leadership which accurately represents "the will of the majority". By the way, OBL's statements make that point too: it is reasonable to kill US citizens indiscriminately, because we freely elected the Bush, Clinton, and bush administrations, and have made free and knowing choices to kill a million Iraqis, oppress the Palestinians, and are collectively responsible for the actions of our government. (cf. Woj's "greedy pigs")

If I were not a Marxist I would probably be equally furious with my fellow Estadounidenses. As it is, I believe that we do not get the government we deserve. We get the government that the ruling class imposes on us.

LP