[lbo-talk] anti-Semitism on campus

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 24 11:24:55 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

>[Isn't Rense.com a nutso conspiracist site? Does anyone know
>anything about this?]
>
>Rense.com
>Schools Not Teaching Pro-Israel Views To Lose Funding Congress To
>Pass 'Ideological Diversity' Legislation
>By Michael Collins Piper
>American Free Press
>americanfreepress.net
>4-21-3

Egads. I should have looked before hitting <send>. AFP is the successor to The Spotlight, a paper that, um, had an uncomfortably warm feeling for the Third Reich. And they've got a link on their front page to the Barnes Review, revisionist historians, which advertises the following videos on their front page:

>Firestorm Over Dresden
>
>This video is an account of the firebombing of Dresden from
>eyewitnesses who somehow escaped the most dastardly and cowardly
>attack on a civilian population ever perpetrated. Historian David
>Irving combines these interviews with archival prewar film footage
>and information from Winston Churchill's private diaries to help
>explain the event of terror. #90
>VHS, 77 minutes, $29.95. (click here)
>
>EPIC: The Story of the Waffen SS
>
>Narrated by the legendary hero of the Waffen SS, General Leon
>Degrelle, the video gives a complete historical background leading
>up to WWII. This is the story of the incredible and almost unknown
>(in the U.S.) fighting force. A documentary that will enlighten and
>astound you. English voiceover.
>#117.
>VHS color, 90 minutes, $22.95. (click here)
>
>The Wonderful, Horrible Life of Leni Riefenstahl
>
>The title of this newly offered video is quite misleading. Leni, 90
>years old when she collaborated with the film makers, had a
>wonderful life until 1945. Because she had made wonderful, stirring
>documentaries in Germany at the request of Hitler, she became a
>pariah later. German language, English
>subtitles and narrator. #237.
>VHS, 2 tapes, 180 minutes, $39.95. (click here)

So what is that Santorum bill really about?

Doug