[lbo-talk] Re: food stamps

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Thu Apr 24 16:47:20 PDT 2003

when I was using them, years ago, they served me well for that period...but, they were not originated to "help" poor people eat, but to "help" get rid of - move excess product of - our great agribiz industry...the hungry-folks-being-fed aspect was secondary, though it certainly was true in many cases...

this system can be counted on to occasionally do something that seems humane, but only because it starts - always - doing something to create more profit and less loss...

fs