[lbo-talk] Defending the Revolution in the 18th C. (was Cuban HDI)

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Apr 24 17:54:50 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:42:36 -0400 Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> writes:
> >Brad DeLong wrote:

And it should also be noted that following the American Revolution, at least 100,000 Tories fled the US for Canada, the West Indies or Britain, many of them leaving because of violence or threats of violence to their persons and property. Even the American Revolution, which was relatively sedate as these things go, was no tea party, to use Mao's phraseology.

Jim F.