[lbo-talk] Rightnut Astroturf (Re: was Hegemony, Nature of)

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Thu Apr 24 21:55:49 PDT 2003

Kelley wrote:
> Everyday, after Rush, they hop on the 'net and parrot
> everything the guy says.
>
> Now, what? do we recreate the same thing? I find
> the thought of encouraging this kind of dittohead
> agit prop for "our side" deeply problematic. Not that
> you're proposing this, but what kind of people does
> that create? People who don't have two brain cells
> to rub together. Dittoheads do not create the kind
> political practices, practices of commitments, and
> political communities that are capable of
> substantive democracy.

Exactly. "The enemy is the gramophone mind, whether or not one agrees with the record that is being played at the moment," said George Orwell.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!