Too much $$ (Was Re: Off List Re: [lbo-talk] Hey Brad)

Steven McGraw stmcgraw at vt.edu
Fri Apr 25 22:15:59 PDT 2003

Far too many profs waste my valuable time in the classroom whining about their salaries and urging the students to march on richmond in support of faculty pay raises. On the other hand, some in the foreign language department have suggested sacrificing a portion of their own salaries toward a raise for the overworked and underpaid secretarial staff. That such thoughts even occur to them indicates a sliver of moral courage, though it's less than obvious that their chatter will soon terminate in action.

JKS wrote:
>I dunno. I don't think it would be as much as 75K.

Yoshie linked to this website

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~wilkins/osu_and_ohio/osu-compensation.html

"During 2001-02, Ohio State continued to slip below the benchmark average for faculty salaries. The current Ohio State faculty salary average of $74,840 is 5.5 percent below the average benchmark salary of $79,180. In 2000-01, Ohio State’s average of $73,930 was 2.9 percent below the benchmark average of $76,160. In 1999-2000, Ohio State’s average salary was $70,350, 2.5 percent below the benchmark average of $72,130."