[lbo-talk] Bush on a revenge mission against the French

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Apr 25 23:11:51 PDT 2003

Quoting mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com>:

> http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/story.jsp?story=400478
> Condoleezza Rice, Mr Bush's National Security Adviser, says the strategy for
> dealing with what she calls "non-nein-nyet" – the alliance against America
> over Iraq – should be to punish France, ignore Germany and forgive Russia.

The monsters of Barad-dur are creepily evil, but they're also incredibly *stupid*. Anyone who knew *anything* about the national cultures in question would know that nothing pisses off the French more than theatrical denunciations, the Germans more than steely disavowal, and the Russians more than patronizing forgiveness. This meeting in Belgium may yet turn out to be the Last Alliance of our time.

Let the Mordor-bashing begin!

-- DRR

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/