[lbo-talk] The Cuba Petition

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:52:05 PDT 2003

DP wrote:

> Seems pretty direct to me. And after some reflection, I signed it, along with other counter-revolutionaries like Chomsky, Zinn, Naomi Klein,Ehrenreich, etc.

You make a good point DP. I tend more towards the view it is a tactical mistake on the grounds JKS outlined. But Carrol was so enraged by it he canceled his Znet commentarys. Does this mean he will no longer by books buy books by Chomsky, Zinn or Klein nor attend events that charge admission at which they are the featured speakers? There really does need to a distinction between moral failings and honest error - one which it seems both Brad DeLong and Carrol have failed to make from opposite sides of the same issue. I gather Max said something of the sort in a post I missed.

Gar