[lbo-talk] Re: Sianews.com (Brad Meyer's Source on Aziz.)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 27 11:59:42 PDT 2003

Hussein Given Safe Haven in Belarus? (Why not, Lukashenko, who in a German newspaper interview, praised Hitler AND Stalin, might have the Milosevic son on the loose. WWP loves Lukashenko too, <URL: http://www.workers.org/ww/2000/belarus1102.html > Intelligence examines cargo flight from Baghdad to Belarus

Friday, April 25, 2003

Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has obtained safe haven in Belarus, several intelligence agencies believe.

Western intelligence sources said several intelligence agencies in the Middle East and Europe base this assessment on new information about a March 29 flight from Baghdad to Minsk. They said the flight of a chartered cargo plane could have transported Saddam, his sons and much of his family to Belarus.

"There's no proof that Saddam was on the plane but we have proof that a plane left on that day from Baghdad airport and arrived in Minsk," a senior intelligence source said. "If you can think of anybody else who could obtain permission to fly out of Baghdad in the middle of a war, then please tell me."

U.S. officials and Iraqi opposition sources said Saddam and his sons appear to have escaped two assassination attempts during the war. But they did not confirm the registration of a cargo flight from Baghdad to Minsk on March 29, Middle East Newsline reported... Posted by editor on Saturday, April 26 @ 18:14:30 MDT (12 reads) (Read More... | 3518 bytes more | comments? | Score: 0)

-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy