[lbo-talk] Hitchens on missing WMD

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Apr 27 17:28:48 PDT 2003

>I just caught the tail end of Christopher Hitchens
>speaking on C-Span. He said this is "no time for
>witless sneering" about the fact that no WMDs have
>been found in Iraq.
>
>My question is, when will the right time be for
>witless sneering? I have a lot of witless sneering
>saved up.
>
>He seemed a tad defensive, I noticed.

Pay no attention! The time for sneering of any kind has come!! Witless sneering, witful sneering, just plain undifferentiated sneering--all is welcome. Accompany it, please, with questions about why lying about war and peace is not impeachable if lying about blowjobs is. And ask if there is any reason--other than oil--to sneer at Clinton for trying to save people in Srebnitca while applauding Bush for whatever is going on in Iraq...

Brad DeLong