[lbo-talk] Russian economy grows 6.4% in Q1 - ministry

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Mon Apr 28 08:10:09 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Chris Doss wrote:

> 28.04.2003 14:56:01
> Russian economy grows 6.4% in Q1 - ministry
> MOSCOW. April 28 (Interfax) - The Russian economy grew 6.4% year- on- year
> in the first quarter of 2003, the Russian Ministry of Economic Development
> and Trade said in its latest report.

Here's a math question for the econ wonks: if the economy of Russia grows 6.4% yearly, and the economy of the U. S. grows 1.6% yearly, in how many years will Russia's GDP be greater than that of the U. S.? I realize it's not realistic to assume this as a permanent pattern, but I'm just wondering.

Miles