[lbo-talk] Re: too much $$

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Mon Apr 28 09:28:05 PDT 2003

At 07:38 PM 04/27/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Let's try not to conflate high school teachers with university professors.

Why not? Their compensation is certainly comparable: leaving the super-stars out of the picture, after twenty years teaching in Oakland the pay is about 75,000. That would be about the same for many profs . As for quality of teaching, I 've met many moron profs and many exceptional high-school teachers and vice-versa. And there's no question that high-school teachers have a much tougher job than university professors.

So I'm not sure what I'm not supposed to be conflating.

Joanna