[lbo-talk] Lieberman

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Apr 28 14:37:38 PDT 2003

> A friend dismayed by the Bushies just said she'd even vote for
> Lieberman. Anyone else here feel that way?
>
> Doug

It is an old bad cop - good cop trick. The first guys ruffles your feathers and then the second guy acts firiendly and make you say what the cops want. A Democrat would simply put a more humane face on the US agenda now being implemented with vengeance by Bush - so the name behind that face does not matter that much. PA is a a case in point - Rendell, a Democrat, follows the Repug agenda by cutting the property taxes and services, raising income tax (to subsidize PA property owners), and pushing for slot machines.

Voting is this country is a farce and a public relations sham. Picking up politicians by a popularity contest is as pointlessas as voting any other pageant, th ebest cad, th ebest dog, Miss America.... By sheer law of probablility, random selection from a pool of qualified individuals would produce better leadership than the current voting system. I do not think I want to be bothered to participate in this travesty.

Wojtek