[lbo-talk] Lieberman

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Apr 28 19:24:43 PDT 2003

Quoting Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>:

> A friend dismayed by the Bushies just said she'd even vote for
> Lieberman. Anyone else here feel that way?

Choose between Sauron and one of Saruman's hench-creatures? I vote for melting the One System down.

I'm quite serious. The Clinton-era neolibs murdered Iraqis with sanctions, the current oiligarchy murdered Iraqis with bombs, and whatever austerity-obsessed Demublican regime which followed will continue the slaughter via debt repayments and IMF orthodoxy.

I sometimes think the only US votes worth worrying about for the next 10 years are the ones in card check elections for non-NLRB union drives. (Not true, I know, elections matter, otherwise the oiligarchy wouldn't bother to hijack them, but still...)

-- DRR

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/