[lbo-talk] Lieberman

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Apr 28 20:55:14 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Doug Henwood wrote:

> A friend dismayed by the Bushies just said she'd even vote for
> Lieberman. Anyone else here feel that way?

No. I think you just put your finger on the limit. I think I'm as craven as anyone in my willingness to vote for almost any Democrat who will oust the neocon cabal. But I think I would draw the line at Lieberman precisely because I wouldn't trust him to do it. My impression is that he shares the neocons' most extreme beliefs -- that he'd love to attack Syria and Iran and that he wouldn't balk at Saudi Arabia or Egypt either. My impression is that he's actually been to the *right* of the administration on the war to sow terror.

I wouldn't trust him to reverse the tax cuts on the rich either. And he's bad on civil rights and dismal on church and state and sucks on abortion.

I'm with Max: Anyone But Lieberman.

Michael