[lbo-talk] nude Bush?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 29 12:59:20 PDT 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - April 29, 2003

HUSTLER magazine honcho Larry Flynt is hunting for a videotape rumored to show First Daughter Barbara Bush in the nude.

Flynt's cronies are scouring the New Haven, Conn., campus of Yale University, where Barbara, 21, is a student, in hopes of buying a video supposedly made at one of Yale's notorious "naked parties."

"We definitely have heard the story and we definitely have a rep over there but so far we have not been able to substantiate anything - yet," Flynt told PAGE SIX yesterday. "But usually where there's smoke, there's fire, so we're still looking."

A source says Barbara has attended plenty of the bare-all bacchanals, a Yale tradition in which overworked Ivy Leaguers relieve stress by doffing their duds and drinking some suds.

The footage in question was allegedly taken at a naked party several months ago, and Flynt's foot soldiers have been in talks with a student who says he is friends with the guy who has the tape.

"Flynt offered the person $1 million," says our source. "But he doesn't have it - he says his friend does. So it's kind of in limbo."

Flynt boasts that he is willing to spend big bucks to put President Bush's daughter in Hustler's pages. "It would definitely be worth a lot of money," the paralyzed porn potentate assures us. "Even if it's not great quality, if we could substantiate that it was her, that's all it would take. It would create a considerable amount of press."

While the alleged video may be no more than a campus rumor-turned-pornographer's pipe dream, this wouldn't be the first time that the lovely Bush Twin's image has been the object of a creepy fixation.

Just a few weeks ago, U.S. troops raiding Sadaam Hussein's eldest son Uday's Baghdad bachelor pad found fully-clothed pictures of Barbara and sister Jenna in Uday's private gym, which was plastered with nude pictures downloaded from the Internet.

The Bush Twins - who were busted for underage drinking at a Texas club a few years back - also had their image appropriated by Talk magazine in 2001. Tina Brown's now-defunct monthly was blacklisted by the White House after it ran a photo-spread of two models portraying the twins locked up behind bars.