[lbo-talk] Re:Cuba petition

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Tue Apr 29 14:39:48 PDT 2003

> Still waiting for some of our petition authors and signers to explain
> how Cuba should have defended itself against the U.S. Nothing very
> convincing yet, but I'm not giving up hope yet.
>
> Doug

How many of us are there here? Three or four or five? I'm not ashamed to say I really don't know enough to develop a treatise detailing exactly how the Cuban regime should go about defending the gains of revolution. I can, however, still point out particular acts of repression (e.g. the current jailing of dissidents) that clearly don't contribute anything to the defense of anything.

-- Luke