[lbo-talk] Awww...soo sad....

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Tue Apr 29 15:59:55 PDT 2003

Guilherme wrote:

> Doug Henwood quoted a "comedian":
> >
> > "If you don't like the way this country runs, and you don't love
> > who's running it, move," Engvall said.
>
> love. not tolerate. not respect. not 'are able to live with'.
> but full unabashed birds chirping oh! its springtime again love.

Yeah, that word "love" caught my eye when I read about that "comedy act" elsewhere. Eeeww, spare me, that springtime idea is totally excessively incredibly gross. I mean just imagine romantically loving GWB. Or Cheney. Or Rumsfeld. Or Perle. Too too gross. But that's not the kind of love they're talking about anyway. It's only Orwell love:

O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net