[lbo-talk] Heresy

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 30 07:56:14 PDT 2003

I still think that we should give all available energy and brains to building the core of a mass movement. (The mass movement itself can come only when circustances trigger it spontaneously, as they did since October 01. If electoral work can further that, fine. If it can't, then it is empty at best, self-indulgence at worse.

No president is going to pull the troops out of Iraq without tremendous pressure from a mass movement at home, diplomatic pressure around the world, and casualties in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. If the Senate made a real difference, Thomas would not be sitting on the Supreme Court.

Carrol