[lbo-talk] Re: Lukashenko

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 30 10:40:39 PDT 2003

Any familiarity with the literature on the Vietnam War, in the dozen or so cites I cut and paste from the SFPL library catalog, in one of my bibliomaniac replies that get's ex-academic Joanna'a ire here, with Alfred McCoy who wrote the classic, "Politics of Heroin in S.E. Asia, " in the early 70's for Harper & Row, since re-issued by Lawrence Hill pubs. if memory serves, and Bernard Fall, one of the outstanding journalists who covered the war before being killed (see, "The Vietnam Reader, " edited by Marvin Gettleman around '66 issued in a mass market pb. or Wilftred Burchett, the great Australian Communist journalist who covered the war for The Guardian and had a stint for in These Times when Vietnam was invaded by the PRC in '79, are my way of conveying the background data, history and assumptions, I operate from to make my political judgements.

Did Joanna, curl her lips, while an academic while in a faculty meeting or a conference of the MLA or ASA or whatevah, if someone said, "As Marx wrote in the Grundrisse, " or, "As De Beauvoir wrote in, "the Second Sex..." Michael Pugliese