[lbo-talk] If the US$ balloon should burst...

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 30 13:05:39 PDT 2003

> Wouldn't it make sense for governments to use some of these
> funds to buy up physical assets in United States rather than
> to hold relatively low yielding financial instruments?
>
> --
> Michael Perelman

Are not they already doing it? Is not the Rockefeller Center in NYC Japanese owned? Do not Japanese car mnaufacturers have plants in the US? "Government" ownership of the assets should be be an issue, because the stroe front nominally owningthem coul dbe identified as "private."

I think the more serious obstacle is even lower yields by real estate investments and the liquidity issue.

Wojtek