[lbo-talk] Garner: beat your chests with pride Americans!

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 30 15:41:33 PDT 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org
> [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood
> Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 5:22 PM
> To: lbo-talk
> Subject: [lbo-talk] Garner: beat your chests with pride Americans!

Which is exactly what pisses me off the most about this war. Wars are, so to speak, a permanent fixture in the modern world. Some 2 million people died in Rwanda, countless others in Uganda, or Kongo - and these mayhems hardly registered on our radar screens, even on this list. By these standards, the US military operation in Iraq is a rather small affair.

But what REALLY pissses me off is that such events give an opportunity for the assorted lowlife to crawl from under their rocks or shithouses, wrap themselves in the flag, thump their chests, take a high moral ground, say "We - America" and rebuke "intellectual elites" for being unpatriotic. Abomination!

Wojtek