Re;[lbo-talk] The real thing?

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Aug 1 09:27:23 PDT 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 at 9:12am Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> The housing market bubble (is there agreement now that
> this is a bubble?) is truly frightening to me.

The Fed governor from Dallas (McTyre or something like that?) doesn't think so. (He was interviewed on NPR this AM) Personally, I'm counting on there being one and it popping in the next 12-24 months when I'm going to be in the market! Not that I wish anyone else (except the blood sucking speculators) ill luck, it's just that I really don't want to buy in this bubble market and am waiting for it to pop.

In central Houston, which has suddenly become fashionable for DINKs like me to live, there is an epidemic of new home (mostly condos and apts) building that has that funny smell of speculators building at the top of the market. The last time this kind of build-o-mania happened in Houston (oil boom in the 80s), it took about 10 years before anyone built a damn thing again after the bust.

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"