[lbo-talk] x-charset utf-8

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 12:48:42 PDT 2003

Doug asked:

How odd. Here's what it says at the beginning of his texts:

<x-charset utf-8>

Anyone know what that means?

This bit of header text refers to the character set (see link below for explanation) in use by the application James uses to send messages. For some reason, I believe he may be using Netscape from Mac OSX. Or, perhaps, some funky, Java based email applet.

I can't say for sure of course.

In any event, the posts are not 'understood' or properly formatted I believe because there is a 'disagreement' between the sender and the receiver over the proper handling of the character set.

Hence the displayed garbage.

UTF-8

http://www.utf-8.com/

DRM