[lbo-talk] Page Six does Che

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Aug 1 15:37:05 PDT 2003

Thomas Seay wrote:

> I dont understand why the perception is - on the Right
> and sometimes even on the Left- that if a Leftist is
> not an ascetic, s/he is therefore a hypocrite. This
> is a general observation..I know nothing of Liz Hurley
> or Johny Depp's politics.

The best response to such junior high school arguments is to point out that we all have to live on a planet that is dominated by capitalists. Even anti-capitalists have to partake of capitalism on a daily basis. Arguments about hypocrisy are irrelevant, because there is no way to live outside of the capitalist system.

Chuck0