[lbo-talk] more RDD

Cliff Staples clifford_staples at und.nodak.edu
Sat Aug 2 17:24:06 PDT 2003

Doug:

I think cell phone numbers are still assigned by location, more or less. So, if they had the numbers in the RDD sample, and if people weren't pissed about answering, you would still have geographic representation. It doesn't matter where they happened to be when they answered the questions so long as they were still representing their household. The bigger issue is that unless the rate structure changes for cell phones people won't tolerate being called on them by anyone other than the people to whom they gave the number. I also think eventually that people will take a page from the Sopranos and use the cell phones for six months (once in their case) and then get a new one.

Cliff