[lbo-talk] Endorse the 3rd North American Conference of the Palestine Solidarity Movement -- Register Now

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Aug 3 04:08:39 PDT 2003

--- please distribute widely ---

***** Third North American Conference of the Palestine Solidarity Movement October 10-12, 2003 - Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ

Register Now Online: <http://www.divestmentconference.com/> Endorse Now Online: <http://www.njsolidarity.org/conference/confendorse.html>

Email registration: registration at njsolidarity.org Email endorsements: endorse at njsolidarity.org

Together, we have defeated attempts to destroy the conference and silence Palestinian voices and the voices of those who stand in solidarity with them. We have defended freedom of organization and expression, and our right to organize and stand with the Palestinian people in their struggle for liberation. We can build on this victory by building the conference - register, endorse, and become involved! We will come together in unity for action and resistance, and we will build the Palestine solidarity movement, expanding our links of solidarity and action with Palestine and looking towards justice, equality and liberation!

Following in the path set by the first two conferences of the student/community Palestine solidarity movement, we are proud to announce that the Third North American conference will be held from October 10-12, 2003 at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ. Divestment movements have sprouted across the country, International Solidarity Movement activists have traveled to Palestine, and at campuses and in communities throughout the United States, organizers have taken action, rallied, demonstrated, spoken and educated--to bring the truth about Palestine to a broad audience and build a mass movement for action.

The Third Conference will seek to build on our successes, analyze our tactics and develop strategies, skills and knowledge for the future. We will engage in educational sessions and workshops, activist skill-sharings and trainings, collective decision-making, public speaking events, rallies and direct action; we will come together as a movement to build unity and action, recognize and act upon diverse voices, and encourage collective involvement and expression. We will celebrate Palestinian resistance and work to build our own voices of resistance; we will strategize for divestment from Israeli apartheid. As Israel continues its oppression and occupation of Palestinian people and Palestinian land, we will raise our voices to demand an end and call for meaningful peace with justice in Palestine. As a solidarity movement, we will work to act in full support of and solidarity with the Palestinian national liberation movement. At a time when Palestine and the fundamental rights of the Palestinian people are under attack by forces of Zionism and imperialism, it is imperative that we come together to build a student movement that unites with our brothers and sisters in Palestine to uphold Palestinian rights and Palestinian liberation.

We look to the purposes of the conference as enabling people to work with others to learn and put into practice how to run a group, teaching and strategizing ways which groups can go about a divestment campaign, empowering people and communities, including recognizing and building diversity, recognizing and building on successes, dealing with and handling opposition, and strategizing for media and community outreach, as well as becoming educated about the right of return, the history of the occupation and the resistance, and the fight for full equality under law and the end of Israeli apartheid and discrimination, as well as other relevant political/historical topics.

Any organizations that believe divestment from Israeli apartheid is a necessary and worthwhile strategy, that stand for an end to the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land, the full right of return for all Palestinian refugees to their homes and homeland, and full equality under law and the abolition of Israeli apartheid; and that reject racism and all forms of oppression are welcome to be part of the organizing process for the Third Conference! Please email proposals at njsolidarity.org to become a part of the organizing process. Get involved in organizing the Third Conference--bring your experiences, strategies and ideas to the table to work towards building a mass movement for divestment from Israeli apartheid and for justice in Palestine!

REGISTER NOW! <http://www.njsolidarity.org/confregister.html> ENDORSE NOW! <http://www.njsolidarity.org/conference/confendorse.html>

For more information about the conference, please visit <http://www.divestmentconference.com/>. For more information about New Jersey Solidarity, please visit <http://www.njsolidarity.org/>. *****

-- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>