[lbo-talk] Re: Dull, dull, dull

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Aug 4 21:37:58 PDT 2003

dredmond at efn.org wrote:

> Quoting Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>:
>
> > What is achieved, concretely, by this conversation about the lack of
> > humor and the causes of that lack?
>
> It helps to make the excruciating tedium between now and the release of Half
> Life 2 a smidgen more bearable. Hammer, sickle... crowbar.
>
> -- DRR

Isn't it possible to relieve tedium in less whiny ways? What bothers me is all the pomposity devoted to damning pomposity!

The route to more humor is not complaint but direct provision of humor, which I am not getting from anyone in this thread.

Why so heavy-handed a moan about heavy-handedness?

Carrol