[lbo-talk] Mes'ha, many activists arrested; bulldozers destorying: Call for international Action

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Tue Aug 5 03:52:04 PDT 2003

http://www.indymedia.org.il/imc/webcast/display.php3?article_id=63056

Mes'ha, many activists arrested; bulldozers destorying

by indy 10:33am Tue Aug 5 '03

the israeli army arrested around 40 international and Israeli peace activists who spent the night there. parts of Hani and Munira Amer and their six children home destroyed.

[We have been celebrating too early when we thought that the home of Hani and Munira Amer and their six children would be spared encirclement by The Wall...]

among the activist Oren Medicks of Gush Shalom, and CO Dror Boymel and five other Israelis. Other activists are from the US, Britain, France, Italy, Germany Sweden and Japan. The activists who where siting in a circle and singing were dragged one by one.

An effort is under way to organize a new group to go there. In case you want to join, contact Dorothy 09-9584804, 054-507804

Suggestion - also for the overseas activists: phone to the Ariel Police Station:

+972-3-906-5530 (Prisoner information) +972-3-903-5444 (General information) +972-50-374-237 (Ariel police spokesman)

and/or:

phone to the nearest Israeli embassy http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/israel1.htm